Edward's Law Firm
1. No Attorney-Client Relationship Created by Use of this Website. Neither your receipt of information from this website, nor your use of this website to contact EDWARDS LAW FIRM (hereinafter “the Firm”) or one of its lawyers creates an attorney-client relationship between you and the Firm. You will become a client of the Firm only if and when you sign a written engagement agreement setting forth the scope of the Firm’s engagement, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. As a matter of policy, the Firm does not accept a new client without first investigating for possible conflicts of interests and obtaining a signed engagement letter. (The Firm may, for example, already represent another party involved in your matter.)
2. No Confidentiality. You may not use this website to provide confidential information about a legal matter of yours to the Firm. Your use of this website does not make you a client of the firm or even a prospective client of the Firm. If you have confidential information that you would like to give to any lawyer at the Firm, please communicate with one if the Firm’s lawyers in person or by telephone–not by filling in any form on this website or by sending an unsolicited email to the Firm or any of its lawyers.
3. No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues problems.
4. No Intent to Refer Matters to Other Firms. Unless otherwise expressly stated on a particular page of the Firm’s website, the Firm intends to act as primary counsel in representing clients who retain the Firm. See Louisiana Rule of Professional Conduct 7.9(c).
5. Photographs. All photographs on this website are of actual lawyers, employees and/or clients of the Firm unless otherwise noted. See Louisiana Rule of Professional Conduct 7.2(c)(1).
6. Cost of Website. The cost of this website is paid for by the Firm and not by any other lawyer or firm. See Louisiana Rule of Professional Conduct 7.2(c)(11).
7. No Guarantee of Results. Some of the case summaries, reports of past results and individual lawyer biographies on this website describe past matters handled for clients of the Firm. These descriptions are meant only to provide information to the public about the activities and experience of our lawyers. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our lawyers. You must not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors—including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or lawyer.
8. No Claim of Expertise or Board Certification. This website lists areas in which lawyers of the Firm practice. In so doing, no Firm lawyer makes a claim of “expertise,” “specialization” or “board certification.” Any lawyers of the Firm who are properly board certified in a practice area have so indicated in their biographies. See Louisiana Rule of Professional Conduct 7.2(c)(5).
9. IRS Circular 230 Notice. In accordance with Internal Revenue Service requirements, this is to inform you that any information on this website that could be construed as United States tax advice is not written or intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed on this website. See IRS Circular 230.
10. Links to Third Party Websites. As a convenience, this website may provide links to various third-party websites. Such linked websites are not under the control of the Firm, and the Firm assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the contents of such websites.
11. Authorized Practice of Law. The jurisdictions in which each of the Firm’s lawyers are licensed to practice - only in the State of Louisiana and in all Federal Courts - are noted on each lawyer’s biography on this website. The ability of any Firm lawyer to engage in any activities for a client outside of Louisiana is subject to state statutes, professional standards and court rules. The Firm does not seek, and this website is not intended to solicit, legal engagements in jurisdictions outside of Louisiana when such engagements would constitute the unauthorized practice of law in any jurisdiction.
12. Responsible Lawyer. The Firm lawyer responsible for the content of this website is CHRISTOPHER A. EDWARDS.
13. Bona Fide Office. In compliance with Louisiana Rule of Professional Conduct 7.6(b)(2), the Firm operates a bona fide office at: 312 West University Avenue, Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana 70506.
Copyright. Copyright © 2021by EDWARDS LAW FIRM. All rights reserved. You may download and print out any part of this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other reproduction or retransmission of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited.